Tai Chi The Golden Flower:
Five Moving Forces & Four Circles Practice & The Golden Flower Meditation
This DVD is great for all levels. It covers warm-up exercises, the Tai Chi Stance, the Five Moving Forces, and the First Circle through the Fourth Circle. There are two complete form practice sections–one in nature and one in the studio.
If you want a great idea of what Tai Chi is and a preview of what the First, Third, and Fourth Circle is watch the trailer above:
- The picture of me at the Flatirons is a sample of the Five Moving Forces
- At the cottonwood tree is a sample of First Circle
- At the Red Rocks is a sample of Third Circle
- At the metal sculpture is a sample of Fourth Circle
Tai Chi: The Golden Flower DVD $19.97 each + $4.95 shipping
Included in “Tai Chi The Golden Flower: Five Moving Forces & Circle Practice & Golden Flower Meditation” DVD
- 5 Moving Forces & 4 Circles Tai Chi Practice in the tradition of the Living Tao Style
Professional step by step instructions along with stories and images to help you connect to and remember the moves. (72 minutes)
- Includes a practice session in Boulder, Colorado’s natural beauty, invoking the healing powers of Earth, Fire, Water, Wood, and Metal.
- Brian Mullins accompaning Cynthia with live Chinese Erhu.
- Culminates with Cynthia leading The Golden Flower meditation, a quieting and centering experience.
Tai Chi: The Golden Flower – DVD: $19.97 + $4.95 shipping
Tai Chi: The Golden Flower – Digital Download: $19.97
PLEASE NOTE: To download the digital file, click “Add to Cart” button below, pay via PayPal (accepts credit cards, etc.). After completing payment, you will see the receipt screen and you will be redirected (takes several seconds) to the Download page that has instructions for download. Download video file will be in MP4 format, 1.1Gb size.
Note: Digital version includes a static Table of Contents and the entire video is in Mirror Image ON format to simulate the actual positions of teacher to student so that the student can perform the moves in the same direction as the instructor.
Tai Chi DVD Table of Contents/Menu
Golden Flower DVD Testimonials
This DVD is beautiful! I so enjoyed viewing it. I only wish I had learned Tai Chi a long time ago.
– Kathleen Murphy, Mind/Body Programs Coordinator, City of Boulder Recreation Department
This is an exceptional DVD that is both graceful and emotionally moving. I very much enjoyed following along with Cynthia, and was able to learn each Tai Chi move. It was beautiful to watch her put all the moves together in nature. The Tai Chi is poetry in motion. The DVD contains David Darling’s Grammy award winning music and the authentic Chinese Erhu.
– Nancy Harrison, Tai Chi student
I think you can consider your DVD project a success: the sections that had your verbal instruction were right on target, especially for those who are just in the beginning stages of their tai chi journey.
I enjoyed the variety of scenery that was encompassed in the DVD. So often, the production of such DVDs just focuses on one location. It also reflected the elements (metal/wood/water, etc.) so well. And the music fit the tai chi practice spot on.
My very favorite parts were the last ones on the DVD, in which you just did the Tai Chi movements, and there was no instruction voice-over. The video captured the true peacefulness of your expressions and the grace with which you moved through the practice.
Kudos to you on this loving effort … I can’t imagine that the purchasers of your DVD will be disappointed in any respect. I remain a fan of yours.
– Elaine Swope, CEBS, SPHR, PhD